Posts

Picktorial 3 – NEW Fujifilm X Pack Film Presets!

Share This:

Photography NEWS! A Happy Day For Fuji Users…

Picktorial just released a new set of camera profiles called The Picktorial X-Pack of film simulations for Picktorial 3. It has film presets galore, and it supports Fuji RAF files. They sent me a copy of the X-Pack to test out a few days ago, and they are a lot of fun to play around with on all different kinds of photos. In my opinion, the X -Pack set of film simulations is the perfect “one-stop-shop” for photographers that want to get quick content published on social media. Checkout the official Picktorial X-Pack Release Page HERE if you want to learn more and purchase the X-Pack. Also, if you don’t own Picktorial already, they gave me a crazy discount for all of YOU that will get you 45% off of the Picktorial/X-Pack bundle. CLICK HERE to receive the discount.

A lot of people prefer a very minimalist editing workflow when it comes to getting quick content published for social media, and I think that the X-Pack film simulations are going to be fantastic for that type of workflow. All Fuji users will love that another RAW processing software now offers Fuji-specific film simulations for RAF files, especially since Picktorial seems to render Fuji RAF files just as good as ON1 and Capture ONE.

Scout’s Honor…

Now, you all know that I am an honest reviewer and don’t let companies buy my endorsement. I was not paid to use Picktorial software or to write this review about the X-Pack, but they did give me a free copy in order for me to let all of  YOU know how I like it. So, I love that Picktorial is innovating and pushing themselves to be bigger and better, and I can say with 100% honesty that the X-Pack films simulations work perfectly. How often would I use them? A lot of you know that I mainly use RAW processors for 10% of my photo and then spend an hour or so in Photoshop working on the other 90%. Here’s what I will say about me using the X-Pack: I take a lot of behind the scenes photos of me in the field, photo gear that I am reviewing, quick documentary stuff for location referencing, etc. Those are the photos I will be using the X-Pack for because I typically don’t devote a lot of time to post processing behind the scenes/blog photos. The X-Pack in my opinion is a perfect representation of the film presets from Fuji that we have all come to love, so why wouldn’t I just want to click one button inside of Picktorial to give me that look? 

Please keep in mind that I am just being honest and letting you know what I will be using the X-Pack for. YOU can use it however you like and in any situation you like. Making our own creative decisions is what makes us all unique artists in our own special way. However, let’s go ahead and get past the question that I know will come up the most…”Eric, since you said you’re only using the X-Pack for behind the scenes photos and social media stuff, does that mean you think that the film simulations aren’t good enough for professional editing or printing?” Like I said, I think the X-Pack is a perfect representation of the film simulations by Fujifilm, and if the “film look” is what you want, the X-Pack will surely deliver for print, social media, landscapes, wedding photography edits, and any other type of photography you want. You can see my super quick demo video and photo examples below…

Picktorial Standard Profile:Picktorial X-Pack Velvia/VIVID:Picktorial X-Pack ACROS:

My Thoughts On Picktorial As A Company…

If you follow my YouTube channel, you know that I am always on the lookout for good RAW processing software options. I gave Picktorial 3 quite a good review when it first launched a few months ago, and I have been watching the company ever since then to see how they were going to innovate and compete with the other giants in the market.

Well, Picktorial have been doing things right in my opinion. I get approached by a lot of companies every week asking me to try their products, but I only say “yes” to the companies that I really believe have a solid vision that will better the photography industry. I can tell you from having a direct connection inside of Picktorial that they love hearing from their customers. They realize that Picktorial isn’t just a group of software engineers or a corporate team. Picktorial is the customers and photography community that give Picktorial a purpose to exist. All I can say is that it’s rare to find that mentality these days, and those are the only kinds of companies that I agree to work with for reviews and collaborations.