With Photokina only 48 hours away, Nikon just posted on all of their social media that they have “news” for us tomorrow, September 19th, at 10am EST. This is really exciting! It finally confirms that Nikon is going to have a big reveal for Photokina. However, there are a ton of people wondering what exactly this “news” will be.
If you follow my YouTube Channel or my blog, you probably already know that I am hoping for Nikon to drop the D810 successor tomorrow. It’s definitely no secret that thousands of Nikon users are hoping for this as well, but there is tons of speculation on what features will be packed into this camera. I will put a list below of the most common rumors and requests going around the interwebz as we speak 🙂
- 42, 50, 72, 80, or 100 megapixels. (I think it will be between 60 and 70)
- Dynamic range from the current 14.9 stops to the mid 15 range. (I would agree)
- Button layout from the D5 with dedicated ISO button. (I would agree)
- Touchscreen and snap-bridge from the D5/D500. (I would agree)
- AF system from D5/D500. (I think it will be a different AF system but maybe better)
- Completely different and smaller form factor. (I think it will be the same but without pop up flash)
Here is a video where I start some fun conversation about Photokina:
At the end of the day, I will be a buyer of the D810 successor as long as they greatly improve the AF system and improve the dynamic range. I don’t have to have all of the other rumored features, but they would be a great bonus! In my closing sentence, I will advise you all to only purchase new camera equipment if it really helps and fits into your workflow…..or if you have tons of disposable income.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I can’t wait to chat about Nikon’s “news” tomorrow!